* All paintings are to be done in unvarnished, water based media on paper.
* Work must be an original watercolor painting solely designed and executed by the submitting artist. If a work is painted from photographs (or other images), the artist must be able to produce evidence of authorized use of photographic image.
* Paintings must have been completed in the past three years.
* A work may be exhibited in one member show and again in the International Exhibit.
* Works previously shown in an LWS International Exhibit are ineligible.
* Withdrawal of a painting after it is juried into a show can be met with a penalty of a three-year suspension of entry. Failure to follow LWS guidelines can also be met with a penalty.
* Any work not meeting exhibition standards will be rejected by the exhibition screening committee at its sole discretion.
* Raised paint. LWS recognizes acrylic, etc., as watermedia, but it must be applied without buildup.
* Paint that sparkles or has a sheen.
This may include glitter, metallic, pearlescent, iridescent, luminescent, duochrome, etc.
Paint products that contain mica are not allowed. READ the label on your paint. Questions? Email email@example.com.
* Water soluble oil paint.
* Prints, giclees or digital artwork.
* Canvas supports.
* Spray varnish, textured mediums, pastels, varnished or waxed applications.
* Any work different from the accepted entry.
* Copies or likenesses of another artist’s work.
* Paintings developed in whole or in part during a workshop. Click to learn more about why workshop paintings are excluded from shows.
* A re-painted copy of a workshop painting.
* Work painted under supervision or with assistance of a teacher or other artists.
* Framed paintings cannot exceed 15 lbs. Narrow, lightweight, non ornate frames preferred.
* Paintings must be framed under plexiglass with proper hanging hardware (screw eyes and wire) affixed to back of painting.
* If matted, mat colors are restricted to white, off white or light cream.
* Minimum image size: 8″ x 10″.
* Maximum frame size: 45″ x 45″.
* Diptychs and Triptychs must be mounted in a single frame.
* Colored mats.
* Smudged, dirty mats.